Crescent Island

Crescent Island

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Connect Week

Greetings from the Emerald City! That's right - I'm coming to you LIVE (okay, not really live) from the beautiful city of Seattle. I'm at my sister's condo, enjoying an episode of The West Wing before catching my flight that will take me to Georgia tonight.

What's happening in Georgia, you ask? Connect Week at Africa Inland Mission's headquarters. I will meet with AIM staff and other people about to head out to serve in different areas of Africa. There are different sessions on things like "Heathy Living in Africa", "Communications", "Spiritual Warfare", as well as one-on-one sessions and daily devotionals.  I am excited to meet the people at AIM whom I have been emailing the past couple months, and I'm excited to meet other people who are at the same point in their journey as I am.

Today has not quite gone as planned, though. I was supposed to already be in Georgia right now. However, when I got to the airport this morning (at 6:00 am) I found out that my flight had been cancelled, and I had been rescheduled to a red-eye flight. Now I will be getting in tomorrow morning, with just enough time to take a nap before Connect Week begins. The good news is that I got to enjoy a beautiful Pacific Northwest Day at Alki Beach with my sister.

I am looking forward to a week of preparation for the great year ahead of me. It will probably be busy, and possibly boring at times, but I know that overall it will be a great week.

Thank you all for the continued support and encouragement! Only 50 days to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment